Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ginger Glazed Salmon

I know that many of you go to really great places, like Alaska, to get your salmon. I, on the other hand, do my fishing at my local super market. I locate the frozen section and cast my line into the freezer until I manage to catch a bag of individually packaged single portions of salmon. Like any great fisherman, I sometimes come away empty handed, but usually I am successful at catching just what I am looking for. Especially when they keep that section fully stocked.




I love that salmon is on the healthy list of foods. I also love that the kind I catch comes with no bones or eyes and such. I can take out exactly the number of servings I desire for the meal. Today I only needed 4 servings. I decided to make this marvelous recipe from the Worldwide Ward Secret Recipes Cookbook. Delicious!


Ginger Glazed Salmon

¼ C. packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. grated fresh or 1 tsp. ground ginger
4 6-oz wild Pacific salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick, skinned
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Coat rack of broiler pan with cooking spray. Preheat broiler. In small bowl, whisk sugar, mustard and ginger. Season both sides of fillets with salt and pepper.



Place salmon on broiler rack and brush glaze on top.



Broil 6 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is lightly browned and opaque. Serve each fillet on top of a lightly dressed mixed green salad. 4 servings.



I will admit that I changed the recipe but only very slightly. I didn't have any Dijon mustard so I substituted Spicy Brown mustard. My guess is it would be great with any variety of mustard. Even Honey mustard. Or maybe even especially Honey mustard. I think I will try that next time. There will definitely be a next time.

This recipe was submitted by Stephanie Thompson who is from Rexburg, Idaho. She says,
"The secret nature of this recipe is love...really though...let me explain. When my husband and I were dating this meal was the first one he made for me. At the time, I had no idea I was going to fall for him, but I knew for a fact that I had fallen for his cooking. The first time he met my family they insisted he make the famous salmon they had heard all about. He did, and of course, they loved it! Now, every time we get together with my family, we always make this scrumptious salmon dish together."

Thank you, Stephanie. What a marvelous recipe!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I made this LAST NIGHT for dinner!! It was so good and was requested for the near future. I also altered it a little. I used honey mustard (its what I had) and I wanted it a little sweeter so I added extra brown sugar. It was perfect :)

Post a Comment

internet stats